20 May 2011

Big Day Tomorrow (Maybe. Possibly. Bet It's Not)

Tomorrow, May 21st 2011, according to Harold Camping and a (seemingly growing by the minute) bunch of  believers, is the day that Rapture will take place


Camping gained notoriety due to his prediction that the Christian Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011  and that the end of the world will take place five months later on October 21, 2011. Followers of Camping claim that around 200 million people (approximately 3% of the world's population) will be raptured. As for the remainder of the human population, Camping himself believes in annihilationism, which is the view that those who are not saved will simply cease to be conscious rather than spend eternity in Hell. Those who were "unsaved" and died prior to May 21 will not be affected by or experience the Rapture or the end of the world.

I'll be looking for the salt cellar so I can take the proverbial pinch, but if it did happen, should I be pleased I can get on with my life? or offended I've been overlooked? or make the most of the fact there'll be less traffic on the roads come Monday morning?

Whatever, I think I prefer Blondie's version of events.

1 comment:

Abigail Rogers said...

Well, wasn't that just a little disappointing? Ah, we all live to fight traffic another day!

-Abby
www.picturebritain.com